TV Trends: MTV's "Jersey Shore" Starts Them Young?!

Thursday, February 4, 2010
People say kids are growing up faster nowadays... and in this case? Boys are speaking the "Bro Code" before they're old enough to write a whole paragraph. One of the latest leaks on "Babelgum.com" spoofs MTV's hit show, "Jersey Shore," and if you haven't seen it... the show is "Real World" meets Spring Break on none other than the Tri-State area's favorite playground (hence, the show's namesake).

Kids say the darndest things don't they? I can't say I'm a fan of the show... "Jersey Shore," puts viewers in an awkward situation, where it's like a train wreck... a total disaster. As you watch "Jersey Shore," you think to yourself "oh my goodness, this is so horrible," but for some reason you can't stop watching.

The first time I watched "Jersey Shore," was at the gym while I was on the cardio machines, I scanned through the usual news stations, and then I saw J-Wow make a scene at a nightclub... and I thought to myself: "for shame, Priscilla, for shame... MTV is on your college Murtaugh List... go back to watching Anderson Cooper, news is the real reality, STOP WATCHING J-WOW!" Personally, I'd love to see network executives bring the music back to MTV, but the folks behind programming sure know how to keep viewers tuned-in.

Needless to say, it's the latest reality show that's got people talking... but for me... I think "Jersey Shore" is too much. The shock value hooks you in just like some of the other shows on the network, but with all the drama... do you think the show is here to stay? Or is it a trend that's going to die out from MTV along with the music?

There's a saying in show business, if you're being 'spoofed,' you know you've made it... I don't think “Jersey Shore” has the success potential of "Real World," which has been running for 23-seasons and counting, but like the crazy characters that drive viewers to watch... you never know what's going to happen on the "Jersey Shore."

And it looks like… they’re already grooming the next cast…

_____________________________________________________

Priscilla Luong thinks with Valentine's Day coming up, along with the music... MTV should bring back "Singled Out," another hit show that died out in the late 1990's. Hey, it's vintage, and it's much cooler than the "Love Connection!" Drop her a line or let her know what's spinning on your iPod at pluong@ktab.tv. She needs new cardio music to distract her from J-Wow and Snooki...

0 comments:

Post a Comment